Friday, May 13, 2011

Sans mons computer...

A whole 48...actually more like 50 hours my little baby dell box was with the service man. And he treated her good! She came back to me thinking much faster...like light speeds faster than she was before she was nursed back to regular health. And she was given some more memory as her dementia was getting so bad. I would wake her up and then have to give her 20-30 minutes to actually fully awaken. I got used to her being that way...and it didn't really bother me all that much. Some days I know I verbally abused her...and for that my dear...I truly am sorry. Dr. David checked you out and fixed you all up. Good for a few more years! ;o) hee hee I promise to not judge you next time your memory is running low.

I actually felt liberated not having the computer. Almost like it was the olden days...the days before I relied on a computer for communication and information and entertainment value. It's like our whole lives are centered on this little black/white/beige/blue...whatever colour box it happens to be. I enjoy having a computer. The access to information at my fingertips still blows me away. I will still comment on how I feel like I am a Jetson. Mostly when I am vid chatting with a friend. Seriously...I can see and chat with someone who is 4000 kms away  from me. We can still have a beer or a glass of wine together even if she lives in Montreal. :o) (Oh Shano...what would I do without our AIM sessions?!?) I love it!!! I have vidded for 5 hours once! ha ha hahaahaha! Too much fun man! But...I will say...my 50 hours without a computer at home was quite lovely. I couldn't use it so I had to do things the old fashioned way. I left my home to meet up with some friends yesterday to chat about some things. I phoned people when I needed to know something or just wanted to say hello. It was so nice. I think I am going to set time limits on myself and the comp again. Use it, then shut it off when I am done. Try not to turn it on again unless absolutely necessary.  I have to try it...for real!

All righty...it's sunny and I should enjoy that. So should we all. Peace out party people in da house! Going back to Old School and enjoying lots more of that sweet, outdoor fresh air! ;o)

Oh...Happy Friday the 13th!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment