Friday, July 1, 2011

Eh!

Happy Canada Day!! Yep...it's July 1st...ALREADY!! I can't even believe it. Not be a negative Nancy...but the days ARE getting shorter already. Wah! The only reason I am being such a Debbie Downer about it all is because we have yet to have some scorching heat out here. In reality, we have had some mighty fine days this year so far. Bright, sunny sparkly days that feel so good...the warmth of the sun on your body that makes your soul feel light and happy too. I can't really complain. It has not been a bad spring/summer. (others may disagree because of the grey days that have come in between those glimmerful days...but you just got to take each day as it comes man.) And today...I woke up feeling good. I still do feel good. I am just a wee bit disappointed in the grey sky that is hovering above me...plus the cool wind that hits my ankles when I open the door for Maggie to go out. It's all right though. I mean the weather may even change...right? Right! This IS the West Coast...give it 5 minutes and the day can change. Don't believe the weather man woman person on the TV or Internet. Open your sleepy eyes and look outside to see what the weather is like and go from there. Like right now the weather says it is +14 Celsius. That is more of an April temperature...but by 3 pm it could be +25! That is at least the hope I hold out for each day...and it has been working. Mornings sometimes start off cool and end up scorching...so we will see what today brings. Either way...I am glad to be alive!

AND...I am glad to be Canadian. Canada is not a full on patriotic let's have a flag pole in our front yard kind of Country. (there are people that do though...and that's cool.) But I feel that we are all pretty proud of being Canadian...even with a seemingly uneducated puppet at the helm of it all. We are Canadian! I like that other Countries see us as peacekeepers and enjoy having us tour their beautiful and enchanted places. I like that other Countries make fun of Canadians for being so polite. Ever seen the movie Canadian Bacon? So hilarious! It's got the greats...John Candy, Rhea Perlman, Alan Alda, Rip Torn, James Belushi, Steven Wright. Alan Alda is President of the USA and John Candy and his crew decide to save his face by starting war with Canada (no war=no jobs in the artillery making factories) so more jobs are created. ha ha funny eh? Anyways...as John & Rhea and their buds are pushing through crowds of Canadians and shoving them down to the ground...the Canadian people are apologizing for being in their way, of course. You just got to find it and rent it. Great film...directed by Michael Moore of course. That guy is awesome! And he likes Canada, so I like him even more! hee hee hee.
"Vive le Canada!" ~ Jean Chretien
I AM Canadian. In fact I am a First Generation Canadian. Both of my parents were born in East Germany (when it was called East Germany...before the wall came down) and escaped in the 1950's. So, I am incredibly proud of my German heritage and always will be...I'll even teach my children (if I have any) to speak the language. But I am extra proud to be Canadian. So many people want to live here from all over the world. And I don't blame them. I have driven across most of Canada...Ontario through to BC. What a beautiful and majestic Country we are blessed to live in...and freedom reigns here...awesome! Thank you Canada! As per usual I WILL be wearing red & white today in honour of our pretty Maple Leaf flag. I will play cds made by Canadian musicians today only. I might even get up and sing our anthem if I haven't heard it yet...I am going to a beach bbq. ;o) I'd like to rile up a bunch of Canadians and have 'em join me in song. It's fun. So I gots to get out there and enjoy some of the festivities...music at the Village, Potato Gun contest, free 60's dance party at Silva Bay pub...it's a day full of adventure and fun. I think I'll start it off with a coffee from Artworks and a stroll down the beach with my two favourites...Clint & Maggie...Let's go!!!

Happy Canada Day everyone!! I NEED to find my red lipstick!! ;o)
Peace! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment