Thursday, October 13, 2011

If I could say anything...

And thank goodness that I can...like super over the top fortunate lucky that all of us in North America have that right. On Yahoo news yesterday I read that an Iranian woman is being sent to prison and receiving 90 lashes for playing a role in a movie in which there are scenes where she is not wearing her "Hijab" headscarf. What??? The movie is about government controlling people...that is the most basic way to explain it...and the government is pissed off so they want to punish her. 90 lashes. How can one's back even take a beating like that? It is so horrible. I am so thankful I live in Canada...and I truly hope and pray for her at this time. Someone has to save her from that somehow. Ugh...well what a super depressing way to start off a blog that I was wanting to be positive about. Too much going on in my mind sometimes...too much going on that is whack in this world that we have 24 hour access to. Oh information highway...you can be a curse!

Anyways...freedom of speech. I have it...I can say what I want and everyone is "okay" with it. Though some may judge me or think what I have to say is irrelevant or trivial or nonsensical but I am hopefully inspiring or helpful to others in their path...at least I can say it in the first place, no matter what people think. And I myself have been doing a lot of thinking in the past while. Been super busy lately, but also...it's been raining. Rain = water in my cistern =ing bath time!!! (my fave thing ever!) Spending hours in a tub allows for lots of think time...meditation time too thankfully. I haven't had much time to sit down and write my thoughts out...which is something that I enjoy doing and find helpful on a busy mind like mine. So...I open up my blog today and see my last post. Bummer dude. What a negative posting. It all turned out perfect in the end, so why did I feel the need to rant about angry feelings? Venting is good...that is why I guess. I instantly wanted to go and delete the post so that no one else would ever have to read some of the mean things that can spew out of me. I almost feel like it is gossip on a grand scale...even if I don't use names or whatever. It just isn't nice to publicly call people out. (just a FYI...I did email the "party wanna be a pooper" to let him know how I felt...no response...I guess that is why I vented out loud.) Anyhow, I can't delete a post that was there. I wouldn't tear a page out of any of my journals that I was unproud of. They are honest feelings. It is okay that I have them...but in being able to go over the "feelings" at a later date sometimes can be helpful. I can sit and read that and understand what in that situation really hurt me and how I can figure out how to not let "that" hurt me in the future. People do not try to purposely hurt us. Things people say and do are nothing but their own self projection and what is going on inside of them. Most things are not said with meaning of malice to others, (they can be though...but I believe those times are so over the top obvious...everyone knows at least one meanie, unfortunately.) it is just that WE take things personally. Well, I know that I take EVERYTHING personally. That is something that I am forever working on. And I think once I beat those kinds of thoughts out of my head, I can be that much closer to true happiness. I feel closer than ever to it. There are some pretty hard lessons that life will throw at us. But if we learn from them and truly become accountable to all of our actions and thoughts...we find peace. I want peace man. I think about every person finding their own peace and I can imagine real peace. Like REAL PEACE...ALL OVER the WORLD! Imagine...I am not even quoting Lennon...but it sure makes me understand his passion to try and spread the love of peace. He was a very smart man. <3

So...if I could say anything right now...I would say mind your words whilst minding other's words too. Life can actually be done that simply. It's not as complex as we have made it out to be. Just peace out.
Photo taken in Central Park March 2008...keep the dream alive. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment