Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's all about the 12:12...

Long weekend is here...yesterday was gorgeous at every minute of the day. Planted some flowers and veggies...Clint was doing some sawing and sanding...friends came by for beers on the hot and sunny deck...perfect day. Oh yeah...we hit two garage sales first thing in the morning. The second of the two was the most intense yard sale I have ever been to...people were pushing and pulling and there was just too many of them. Swarms...like Wild African Bees! Hello peeps...we are on an island...sloooooow down! Yikes! My anxiety was hitting the milky way. We got out alive with two nice deck chairs and a rotten planter...sweet! Today, was kind of grey, but we got to the beach and Larry played with the ball...he is so good! I have been taking it easy. I guess I just did too much planting yesterday. Boo! Anyhow...all I gots in me are the days of the week...my 12:12 photos. ;o)
Monday May 14 12:12 pm
Just hanging around the house as per usual this day. I was feeling a wee bit forlorn as the day before was Mother's Day. I realized that it has been 12 years since i have gotten to spend Mother's Day with her. For the most part,she is always with my siblings...up in Winnipeg. I guess I moved too far away! ;op Thankfully, this coming Thanksgiving my mom and dad are coming to see us for 5 days. That will be a ton of fun! October is a long way off...but I am still way excited!








Tuesday May 15 12:12 pm
I spent a long time on Tuesday writing a blog...not for myself...for Clint. I think what he does is amazing. He is such a incredibly talented artist that I wish I had a mere ounce of his creativity. But I would say that it is his presence near me that motivates me to do the crafty things that I get up to. Anyhow, while I was type, type, typing away he recalled losing his change in the chair the evening before. So, being the big kid that I am, I bolted for the big chair and rummaged around between the attached cushions. I found a few coins...but I found a few other treasures too! hee hee. (The bottle caps look quite old. I am thinking 70's? Jackson Triggs...I don't drink it! I obviously did not do a very diligent job cleaning the chair when we brought it home from the Value Village! ha ha ha ha!)
Wednesday May 16 12:12 12:34 pm
At exactly 12:12, I was under the wax...the hot wax. My friend Wendy is an esthetician and she came over to wax my ultra hairy legs. (Seriously, the hairs were at least an inch long...I was manly. I must say that I do enjoy the feeling of the cool breeze in my hair!) I love the feel of freshly waxed legs, after a shower and in fresh sheets at bedtime. YES!!





 Thursday May 17 12:12 pm
Walking through downtown Nanaimo and up to the old hood. It's a nice little area...all character homes. Then you get to a little more "rough on the edges" neighbourhood, where I think they are trying to revive it. Taking it back, as they say. ;o) We went to town to get us a truck. Our car...sweet Alberto has kind of kicked the bucket. He is old and tired but still with all of his original parts. In the last 2.5 years I put 55,000 kms on it. And the parts are aching now too. When my Omi gave it to me, he had only 47,000 kms on him...now there is 102,000. (Don't worry Alberto...I WILL fix you, eventually) Anyhow, we ended up with a beast...1988 Toyota Land Cruiser. (automatic and gas...yeah, yeah...I know, all you Toyota snobs out there. ;op It could be better...I don't care, it was $700!)
Friday May 18 12:12 pm
When a man has a truck and has the ability to haul wood and supplies and such...a whole new world opens up. Clint is busy making sandwich boards for a new shop here on the island...HTF creations. They are going to look awesome when done. It will be advertising art at it's finest! can't wait til they are finished and we can drop them off at their new home. (I love watching the process from start to finish on any of Clint's project.Pure magic!)



Saturday May 19 12:12 pm
My crazy garage sale score...two beach chairs! I love them. I even like the yellow of them. Looks good with the blue house. I had a chair like these once. It was wooden with a green and white striped canvas seat. The chair was built by my Opi (Albert...who I named my car after. He bought it just before he died. Miss you Opi!) back when they first immigrated to Canada. I had left it sitting out on my balcony once during a windstorm when I lived in Vancouver still. The canvas was torn to absolute shreds...both age and pure wind force. It just fell apart after that. So, now I have these to love...remind me of lounging in the sunshine beside my Opi. ;o)
Sunday may 20 12:12 pm
I spent some time today taking photos of a few paintings and putting them up on our Etsy page. The wall to he right of Maggie is where I would hang them to take the photo. I also had to stand on that end of the couch to get a proper shot. So, not only was Maggie being surrounded by other faces, I was also cramping her style with my feet. Man, she sure will just about let you do anything around her. What a chill dog. (She is also deaf...that helps in a ton of situations too.)

Well...I believe that it is just about that time to make some tea and do some relaxing. Peace out! ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment