Monday, May 14, 2012

Sunny days...

Technically, summer starts June 21st...or is it the 22nd...errrr, actually it's the 20th, right? ha ha ha! Well,it is coming, sooner than later. And right now, the weather sure is feeling like the first day of summer has passed. The last couple of days have been sunny and warm...bringing feelings of joy to the depths of my soul! Oh, how i love the sunshine. I am watching all of my plants just flourish out on my sunny deck. What could make a girl happier than that. Bright greens, pinks, yellow, purple...oooh, I have to get some more flowers! I have a little wash bucket that is going to be a little garden with lettuce and something else...haven't quite decided yet. Square foot gardening maaaaaan! This deck is going to grow good. I am really excited for how well tomatoes will do out here. Yummy!!!

Yesterday we pulled the big carpet out of the living room and put it out on the deck. Oh yeah...can't wait to have a dinner party! Clint has built us a deck table...we have no proper patio furniture. Looking online at new and used patio furniture is quite depressing. New...well,let's just say that we would have to take out a small loan to be able to afford a nice table and chairs. (I need a big table...more people can eat that way!) Used...well, it all is VERY used and crappy looking...that is why they are getting rid of it obviously. But really, just throw it out people...it's garbage. Unless your set is still in good condition and not crap...don't put it online. Bring it to a recycle depot or thrift store. Anyways...our deck is looking good. I have made a beautiful little container garden space of herbs, flowers and my roses. It makes me happy. I can just sit and enjoy the plants AND ocean at the same time. I am a very lucky lady! Now I just need to have some patience wand wait for my gorgeous roses to start blooming. The sweet scent of the peach coloured roses is so intoxicating. It dazzles all of my senses. Ooooooooh weeeeeeee!! I can't wait! ;o)                                                                 



Quick look back at 12:12...in a hurried rush this morning...ahhhh...getting picked up to get stuff in the Village. It sucks big time when you don't have a car. Car gods (van gods...we need space)...please let something amazing come up soon!! :o)           

Wednesday May 9 12:12 pm
Maggie in the back of the Element. (thank you Tina & Penny for loaning your awesome vehicle to us to pick up the newest family member!) We had a quick pop into Costco in Nanaimo before heading to the big ferry to get to Burnaby where Larry was living with his fabulous Foster Mom Carole. Maggie was like..."I hope this bed is meant for me!"











Thursday May 10 12:12 pm
Larry!! Isn't he so cute? I know that living here is going to make him very happy! I mean...this is paradise, right where we live. From the filthy mean streets of Taiwan...to the peaceful and fresh island life. Who's a lucky boy...Larry is!!!










Friday May 11 & Saturday May 12
Well...to be completely honest with you...neither of these cute Maggie et Larry photos were taken at 12:12. (totally gapped this week) I have been so incredibly distracted having Larry here in the mix, that I don't even pay attention to the time. Don't pay attention to much...I probably stink! (joking...remember...I am a daily long bath taker! lol) I am just all over trying to 1. teach Larry English. 2. show Larry that we are his pack and he no longer needs to worry. 3. teach him he does NOT have to guard his food, for he will always have food ready for him to eat...no more scavenging. 4. show Larry a true and unconditional love that he will receive in our family. It is both an exciting and an anxiety ridden time. There is just so much that you need to know when training a dog. Maggie was so easy...pre-trained. Sweet Perfection. I guess I wasn't thinking about the fact that a "street" dog would need a ton of work. But I am so into it. I've got two Cesar books from the library!! When I first saw Larry I was so excited to
give him a better life that I didn't even think about the fact that he knows absolutely nothing. Thank goodness he is house trained! No accidents. He is a calm and incredibly sweet dog. He is a mini Maggie and I love him terribly already. As you can see by the photos...they are fast friends. He even loves Wensday...maybe just a little. And he hasn't tried to eat her thinking she is street meat or anything. ;o) I can not wait to see where Larry is at in a couple months. He is growing stronger and more confident every day. He still sleeps with one eye open...but he's only been in our home for 5 days. Son...he'll be snoring away like the other animals. (that includes Clint!) ;op




Sunday May 13 12:12 pm
Happy Mother's day!! (I actually have not been able to see my mom on this day for the last 12 years...maybe next year. I love my mommy and am so thankful for her!) Checked the clock and whamo...12:12. Who is in my sights? Larry! What a good boy...just sitting on the rug. Maybe waiting for a walk?? ;o) Well, I am a mother to three very special animals. And I feel blessed to have their spirits in my life...they lift me up! I love you Wensday, Maggie and Larry now too! xox

All righty then...time to get out the door...buy groceries and toilet paper and then out to the deck to water my plant babies and soak up that gorgeous sun! Happy day to you! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment