Monday, January 2, 2012

Here we go again

Another new year...another bright future to look forward to. Like me, I know that probably about 99% of the world's population thinks about resolutions, or at least what they need to work on in this new year...a new birth of life. In a way, I love that this is a similar trait in people. I think that it is a beautiful feeling to have the concept of a new year being about new beginnings. So simple, yet so much impact.  And for real, how else could we ever live with ourselves or others if it were not so? We would hold on to grudges, self loathing would be rampant for the "bad" things we have done in the past, we could never live things down. The prospect of a new year is fabulous. Forget about the crap you endured last year, forget about any ill feelings you have towards a friend, neighbour, family member or even political figure head. Everyone gets a fresh start...EVERYONE...if I do, then so do you. ;o)

AS I always do, I made some blunders in 2011. I am not perfect. I let things get to me that didn't need to. I said hurtful things to loved ones. I hurt myself by taking things others did or said to me personally. I didn't pay enough attention to the people that I love so dearly. I am sure I swore too much too...I sometimes have a wee bit of a sailors mouth. THAT is one thing I definitely want to change. I like to sound like a lady...not a bad a*# trucker! lol I want to be more attentive to those things that do pick at me throughout the day. I want to be more attentive to my husband, my friends, my family. I want to easily forgive those that may or may not know that they offended me...be like a duck and shake it off. I want to not let my claws out when I feel under attack for whatever reason. I was like that as a teenager...back up instantly, just ready for a fight...it is something I have worked on for years. 2011 was a bit of a year of being 15 again...in not so good of a way. I am all for being youthful and being silly and just having fun...but acting like a kid not getting their way or not even listening to what is REALLY being said is definitely not who I want to be. I know that it is easy for things to get out of hand if we allow things to. I swear it is just as easy to not. We all have our own individual way of life...the way we live it and the way we act and react in it and towards others. It is the reaction to those around us where we need to be most attentive. Live and let live. Love and let love. LOVE being the key word in it all. When I love, I need to fully love...unconditionally. And that should be to every single person in my life. If I know you, I want you to know that I love you. And not just cause I told you so. I want you to feel my love for you. Know that I am genuinely happy to know you and have you in my life. That is the woman I want to be. That is the person I want to be known for. "That Pam...she is such a loving person." To be a fly on the wall and hear those words would make my heart glow. So...I feel I really got to make that happen. I do love a challenge! ;o)

2012 is going to be an amazing year...for all. I can feel it. Spread the love...maybe that can be the latest disease. I am so full of love...I got a fever!! hee hee hee I wish to everyone a very happy and fabulous 2012...may it be filled with love, joy, peace and laughter.

Cheers to new beginnings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment