Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm missing you...since you been gone.


No reason to be all forlorn over it...he hasn't even been gone for 36 hours yet. And to be totally honest...he will only have been out of the country for 48 hours all together. I will not be there to see him the moment he arrives safe and sound back to the Vancouver airport. That makes me a wee bit sad too. If it was affordable, it would be fun to float plane it over to the airport from here to meet him there...with a bouquet of pretty blue and yellow daisies tied to a nice, ice cold 500 ml can of Sapporo! It'd be even cuter if I could be dressed up in some sexy French maid's costume and wearing a blond wig...just to see the freaked out expression on his face followed by bursting out laughter at the hilarity of it all. Leaving everyone else in international arrivals with something to talk about. "Did ya see the blond French maid with one arm holding odd coloured flowers and a can of Japanese beer jumping in delight when some handsome bewildered looking man came out of the gate?" ha ha ha. That definitely would be something to talk about! And my poor Clint would be so embarrassed...totally awesome! ;o)
In some park in Richmond, pre-airport, pre pre-flight beer!

The thing about missing him is...he has NEVER left me. I have gone away numerous times to fly to Winnipeg or Texas to celebrate a birthday or whatever with my family while he has stayed home. (way cheaper for one to fly) And, I have missed him while I was away...but I was also always with my family and never feeling like I have been left alone. That was the exact feeling I had as Maggie and I drove away from the airport and headed back to the ferry for our travels back to the island. There was no Clint in the seat beside me keeping me company and making me laugh. There was just crappy radio music and annoying early Friday afternoon traffic...I do not miss traffic one iota!! Sitting in the car, trying to fall asleep while on the big ferry to Nanaimo I got a bit weepy. Like some tears actually trickled out of my eyes...I stopped them. I felt foolish. "He's going to be back home in 2 days! Get over it!" I said to myself. I just miss him. He is so amazing and wonderful...he takes such good care of me. I really don't know what I would do if he were not in my life. He always tells me that I am his support...through my encouraging of his art, to making him feel special about who he is and the man that he has become despite many an obstacle thrown in his way. But, in reality...he is the rock...he is our foundation. He keeps things going when I feel like it may all collapse. And right now...I miss my big old rock! Before I know it, he will be at my side again and we can conquer all together again. So, I sure do hope he is having a great time with 3 of his brothers down in Denver...a 50th birthday bash. 4 Irish men together celebrating...how much trouble could they get into?? ba ha ha ha haaaaaaa!!! (Honey...I hope you are not too hungover when you get home!) :o)

 Monday April 9 12:12
I mean...could she be any sweeter? I really don't think so. I must have hundreds of sleeping Maggie pics. She just looks so adorable when she is quietly dozing. I love catching her wiggle her head into place on the cushion...like she is really looking for that ultimate cozy head space. Oh Maggie...you are just too cute for words! xox













Tuesday April 10 12:12 pm
Lucky me...I got to spend another afternoon on beautiful Mudge Island. This time it was to help the incredibly talented silversmith...and now crocheted leather jewelery artist Lindsay Stocking Godfrey. She is getting herself into the "scene"...the networking scene. I've been showing her the ropes! You can find her works of jewelry art on Etsy too! She is too cool. ;o)




Wednesday April 11 12:12 pm
Finished! And just in time as we leave first thing in the morning for the ferry. Clint was commissioned by his sister in law to paint his nieces and nephew as a surprise 50th birthday present. He was building a frame for it for the travels...safety first! He sure immortalized them as rock 'n rollers! This painting is way too cool. And Clint...well, he is also way talented! :o)




Thursday April 12 12:12 pm
Driving in the big bad city known as Vancouver! It's not bad...but it is pretty big. lol I don't mind being in the city...I do always miss being at home though. For real...there is not much in the city that can trump our beautiful paradise island. (besides sushi, I guess!) In town for a Dr's appt (he botox'd me up...haven't had that treatment in 7 years. I really hope this time it works. I feel a little less strain in my neck already...though this typing isn't helping the situation any! wah) When I am a passenger in the car I get to look out and have these two characters to look beyond...cute couple eh? I think so. hee hee






Friday April 13 12:12 12:13 pm
ha ha ha! Can't hide that my camera missed the moment of opportunity! I looked at my ipod and it said 12:12...I grabbed my purse and rifled around for my camera...got it...missed the time! Ah! No problemo. I see it as a cool thing. April 13th was my brother's 40th birthday. So, I was thinking of him that day. (my little sister has a birthday on September 11...that makes us 11, 12 & 13!! In the order...youngest to oldest.) I felt that the whole "number" thing worked out in my favour because of these numerical facts. It worked out exactly as it should have! ;o)








Saturday April 14 12:12
After a usual 2 hour bath this morning, I went outside to enjoy the sun that was starting to warm up my deck. I thought what a perfect day to do some planting. Over grown plants in pots that need transplantation, new flowers to be bought and planted in pretty pots, a good sweeping of the deck to rid it of all the pollen that is all over everything. Perfect day for that kind of work. But...I just had the stupid injections! I am supposed to take it easy. So I went for coffee instead. ;o)




I really hope that the rest of the weekend and the coming week is as glorious as today...perhaps even more so. That would make Pam a very happy camper indeed! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment