Monday, August 27, 2012

The Party is over!

Bittersweet feelings...glad to have my time back to myself...sad to not have my Brother XII peeps around me most days. What a wonderful experience it all was though...I must say. All 8 of us involved put a truck load of work, effort, drive, talent, strength, stamina and of course plenty of fun into the whole production...it was well worth it. Two nights in a row, we actually had to add more seats to the house to allow the mass fans to enjoy the show. ;o) It truly was a hit. With a stellar cast; Kathy McIntyre, Nicole Busby, David Botten, Chris Jans and Joelle Baird...our awesome writer/director; Bill Miner (who also played Linus the psychiatrist), plus the amazing talented efforts of our musical director; Antonio Gradanti who did all of the music (like every instrument from accordian to guitar)...we had a hit show! Review that was in the Nanaimo News Bulletin...
The Cult of Brother XII
Child of a Hoodlum Productions
Based on Nanaimo’s favourite cult legend, the musical recounts the last days of Brother XII’s reign, using a fictional trio of reporters to help uncover the truth by going undercover.
The Brother XII legend is nothing short of a storyteller’s dream, complete with religious fanaticism, fraud, infidelity and a mysterious woman with a whip.
The original songs and dances were ably performed by the cast of local actors, who took their legendary characters over the top to make a memorable show.
Major highlight: Bill Miner as Brother XII’s psychiatrist. It’s slightly gratuitous but most definitely hilarious.
– Melissa Fryer

We hope now to have at least one more performance...here on Gabe. Entertain our community! ;o) I am excited to once more don the News Hound Mask...first, relaxation. ;op 

To check out the "pre-show" interview/sneak peak...go to You Tube.

As I have been too busy to even think these past few weeks...I have been negligent on my 12:12 picture posts. For the month of August, thus far, I have put together a collage of my days. Unfortunately for August 1st, I did not have my camera on hand while we were on the beach chilling. The pics are Aug 2-27th...beach walks, painted glasses, forest walks, driving, playing, plant watering, rehearsing...it's all there. My computer deco-page! ;o)

The sun is out...and so am I! Peace out party people in da house!



No comments:

Post a Comment