Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Glorification.

It's in me...I've got to let it out. A rant that is burning my insides with a fierce saturation of angry thoughts I feel towards the mass media. By mass media, I am talking of those that enjoy the act of creating fear or hysteria...a frenzy about anything they think that will make them a buck either by acquiring more viewers causing ratings to go up on a show or a smut mag like the Enquirer or the like of. It can drive me nuts. So badly that I don't watch those kind of shows any longer. Except for the last few days...

I was not sun smart on Saturday while we were out for only a few hours in the sun...my face was shaded by an umbrella, but not my head obviously. I got heat/sun stroke. BAD. (I suppose it is always bad...dehydration makes the body suffer in ways you didn't imagine possible.) We were in the sun, sitting on the beautiful patio at Silva Bay for about 2 hours on an absolutely lovely, warm breezy and supah sunny kind of day. I had a lime margarita...on the rocks...it was superb. Thank you bartender Ricky! ;o) Before we left I said it would suck to get heat stroke and that we should probably hit the road. (I get it so freakin' easily...drives me insane in the membrane. Low blood pressure) When we got to the car that was sitting in a cool and shady spot for Maggie as she quietly slept in the back seat with wide open windows and a bowl of water...I was instantly chilled. I got goosebumps. That was my first indication things may go bad. We left Silva Bay, went home to feed the Magginator and then drove to Descanso Bay for a swim with Kate. I was no longer heated up and needing a dip as I pretty sure I could while sweltering on the patio...I did not jump in. We stayed til sunset, because it is so beautiful, went home and shortly after went to bed. When I initially woke up Sunday am at 4 am with a fever and chills...I was 100% sure, that indeed, I DID have sun stroke. Bummer! Like seriously. I was too sick to even sit for longer than 10 minutes on the computer...boo! (well, that IS a good thing...to spend a day or two away from the "box") I tried to sleep to no avail. I took a bath which ALWAYS makes me feel better...it brought my fever back! wah! I couldn't sleep ot try and relax in the tub...what was I to do??? Lie on the spare bed and watch TV...mind numbing television. Perfect! Not so much...

Sunday, Diane Sawyer presented her interview with Jaycee Lee Dugard to the world. (if her name is not familiar to you...she was abducted by a convicted, but released sex offender at the age of 11 and was found 18 years later and reunited with her mother and sister. Tragic.) I felt it would be an interesting and compelling story...like, a true story of a woman's fight for life. I remember the news stories at the time of her abduction and after. It was so sad to see the mother begging for her beautiful daughter to be returned safely home. It made me hope that my mom and I are never without knowing where each other are...my sister too. Jaycee's mothers plight was a biggie...but she was using every resource to find her daughter and bring her home safely. She NEVER gave up. 18 years. wow! I wanted to hear Jaycee speak of herself and the feelings she went through. I felt that may be worth other people to know. This can happen to anyone...it really can. That is also part of this tragedy. And then listening to Jaycee speak with eloquence...a demeanor of love and happiness. She went to hell and worse and was brought back...and she smiles and laughs. She is beautiful inside and out. Amazing woman...such strength. She speaks of forgiveness. She has been free for 2 years. She speaks of forgiveness...she is an enlightened individual. "Life is too short to live with hate." she responds to a question Diane poses of the terrible feelings that she must have for her abductor. Those words made me tear up. Beautiful. Forgiveness is good all around...for EVERYONE involved. But mostly the person forgiving...it's that simple. It seemed like a nice interview so far. As if that is good enough for the viewers. Diane has to make it rich. Probing further, Diane starts to talk about missing her mom. She talks of how she would stare at the moon through a crack in a shelter wall and think of her mom. (they used to enjoy looking out at the moon together and debating the coolness factor of the crescent versus full moon) Jaycee spoke of her longing for her mother and the intensity of it in the beginning. With months and years and babies being born passing...she still missed her dearly but was too busy just trying to survive in captivity with not one but now two babies...all from the monster who stole her. Diane probes deeper and so negatively..."Did you think that your mother wouldn't want you after all that had happened?" Jaycee, admirably responds with a "No. I never thought that." Those types of questions kept coming up and made me not want to continue watching. I hate that crap! Ahhhh...sickness!!!

Same thing happened Monday afternoon while watching Oprah. Yes...even Oprah loves the ratings and will make her guests feel uncomfortable even though they endured years of rape and sexual molestation by their two brothers and father. As if they have not been tortured enough. The only reason they came out was to express how important it is for young girls and boys to speak out and not be afraid to talk of these horrible things that your family members do to you. They want to help in the fight against child abuse that goes unnoticed. Also teaching other adults the signs to look out for...and then to keep a watchful eye on things to see if home life is actually a safe haven like it is supposed to be. But Oprah saw it more as a great show of hers yet again...oh the drama! I stopped watching that Oprah show. I don't even really like Oprah. Her head is too big! (not literally) Anyways...it is all glorification for the purpose of $$$. And that is truly what makes me feel so sick. Money monger's!!!! wah.

That's my rant.
This was sunset Saturday...beauty eh? :o)
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment