Thursday, July 21, 2011

I just can't get "it" out of my head!

The lists...the lists...the thousands of things I feel I must do before we leave. It's not like it is such a major thing. We are just getting into our car and driving to Manitoba...with old lady Maggie dog. I just can't stand forgetting something we need that we have and needing to purchase a "new one" because of my negligent mind. It literally keeps me up at night. How very sad is that? Very sad Pam...VERY sad. I can say with great delight and add a high pitched shriek or two, (I did it out loud when the task was accomplished yesterday) that we figured out our trunk rack thingy. We drive a 1993 Dodge Spirit...yes, I know so incredibly cool. (my Omi gave it to me because she does not like to drive anymore. my Opi bought it the year before he died and taught my Omi to drive again so that she would have independence when he was gone. Oh Opi...I miss you.) It's an awesome vehicle. Still only 88,000 kms on it...yeah!! Anyhow, it has a built in trunk rack complete with "spoiler". But in my mind the only way to use it was to get a metal doweling to attach to it to allow the bungee cords to work. I phoned auto parts dealers, auto wreckers, Dodge dealers. Nobody had what I was asking for...I even gave them all full explanation of what I was talking about and needed. Like a very smart man would...Clint realized that the bungee cords CAN in fact hook right into it. Into the spot where I was thinking the doweling would have to go through! ba ha ha ha hahaaaaaa!!!! Ah well...it works now. We bought the bungees...we have a huge hockey bag for our tent and stuff...and we are set to go with that. Now we just need to figure out how to pack the trunk...it's small. And I still need cookware and cooler and clothing. ;o)

I NEED to make a first aid kit. I need to make a break down kit with candles...heat! (it can still be mighty chilly in the mountains at night!) I need to make a fun time kit with books for reading and paper for sketching. I need to make our "get out of the car at a sunny lake spot and go for a dip in the lake/river/stream" bag with suits and towels and sunscreen. I NEED to make a few lists for our house sitter about how much to feed Wensday and all of my tomato plants and flowers. Thank goodness for Sean our house sitter...what a great guy. Wensday needs love and affection...she is an abnormal kitty that way. Two weeks of being alone could drive her 14 year old mind mad...and that would be BAD! ;o) So many lists!!

I am just an anxious kind of gal...and my ocd surely does not help these types of situations. I just can't wait to be on the road out east. I will feel relaxed and happy and excited to see the beauty of four amazing provinces, some old friends, my dad's side of the family (lots of cousins and all of their kids!), of course MY immediate family and my nephews and nieces and last but not least...to be in the lakes of beautiful Manitoba again. It truly is a paradise worth seeing! The sandy beaches on Lake Winnipeg are insanely gorgeous...comparable to Mexico even! If you have not been there, you really ought to go. Manitoba is amazing and I feel fortunate to be there in August this year...instead of January. (well, I was there in January actually this year. It was cold! But still beautiful.) Once we are out of here...the lists shall stop...I can not wait!

I am excited for this evening. We are having our beautiful island friends over for a BBQ potluck. I shall be BBQ Pam! We want to have a fun night with our friends before we leave. I feel we have been summer hermitting this year so far...and I just can't handle it anymore. I NEED my friends to know that I love them and appreciate them. So one last night of laughs and eats and good times before we go. When we get back it is the height of summer fun waiting for us. So bring it on summer! Lists schmists...this is going to be fabulous!!!

Maggie sleeping under the umbrella on one of our beaches. Soon she will be on a beach in the Okanagan...then a Moyie Lake beach, then Lac Pelletier SK, then the lakes in Manitoba. Oh Maggie what adventures await you old lady! Oh...that is another list...food and stuff for Maggie May!! hee hee hee xox

Am I repeating myself...repeating myself? ha ha ha ha!! (that's the ocd...sorry about two posts in a row of it all...I can't help it...consuming mind!)

1 comment: