Saturday, September 3, 2011

Friend is a four letter word.

I am talking L.O.V.E. That's right...love! Family is always le numero uno...but they also will ALWAYS be there. Family is blood, you can't, or at least you shouldn't turn your back on your family...EVER. (unless of course they have turned their back on you and there is nothing you can do but wait for them to come back and settle back into the reality of what family is supposed to be.) Anyways...Friends. Friends are incredibly special and precious gifts that we are blessed to receive in our lifetime. When we are kids we generally make friends easily with the other kids in the classroom. If we are lucky enough to stay in the same school from kindergarten through to grade 6, those friendships will grow with us through those young learned years and we will grasp the importance of what friendship really is. Of course it still will be an elementary understanding of exactly what it all really means...but it's still very important. I think for the most part, unless we stay in the same neighbourhood and go to the same high school and such as our young "first" friends...we will probably drift away from one another. And that's okay. Although, you bring technology into the picture, ie: FaceBook...and you can end up re-connecting with those childhood friends. A few years ago while visiting Winnipeg I got to hook up with four of my elementary buddies. It was a fun evening filled with memories and laughter. Just last weekend my best friend from elementary, Corey stayed on the island for the weekend as her "get away from it all". We got to have a couple quick chats during her stay...so awesome to see where each others lives have gone in the past 26 years. So awesome to see her and hug her...I am a hugger and hugs make me happy. :o)

I have always been a lover of my friends. I have always valued my close friendships and tried real hard to be a great friend...I've failed a lot in my years too I will admit. No one is perfect. But thank goodness for friends who forgive. Thank goodness for friends who are true and can love unconditionally. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be? We are all such different people and we are going to come across conflict at some point in our friendships. We just have to keep the faith in those that we love. Sometimes, unfortunately, friends take completely separate paths and we have no choice but to say goodbye. You just have to enjoy the fact that you did have them in your life and remember those good times. My reason for writing about friendship today is that I feel overwhelmingly in love with my friends these days. A lot of crap can be thrown our way...our lives get hit over the years with tragedies and misfortunes, big wins and achievements, death and loss, new life and love, sickness and health and sometimes it is just simply bad or good luck. That is the crazy roller coaster of life that we are on. It really holds a ton of excitement...life is such an amazing wonderful journey! ;o) And the perfect addition to the journey are the fabulous friends that are there throughout all of it. Friends are love. Friends are happiness. Friends are shoulders to cry on and arms (or one strong arm) to hold us when we need it most. Friends are there to rejoice with us when awesome things happen. Friends are the best!

To all of my friends...I love you more than I can humanly express. Perhaps that is why I feel the constant need to hug...I feel that allows me to show my love and appreciation for you. A hug sure can go a loooong way! Show the love and you will feel the love!




Going to la beach with your gal pals is much nicer than being alone.





Celebrate special times with friends!




Oh my word...being crazy fools together is for sure always a good time! ;o)





If the three of us ever make a band...this will be our album cover.






Yikes...I could just keep adding more and more...I had to stop! Too many good times are not a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment