Monday, June 18, 2012

Dad's rule!

It's almost the end of the day. But all day, all I could think about was my dad. I remember being a kid and Father's Day was always some kind of car ride to somewhere...some years it was Skinners to go and get 5 'foot longs' and cokes, sit on the rivers edge, at the 'locks' to enjoy the deliciously cooked dogs watching the water flow...running around with my little sister and big brother...just being silly and having fun. After a while we'd all hop back into the Cordoba and take the "scenic drive" back into Winnipeg...driving up River Rd, parallel to the water and the fancy homes, (olden days fancy...early 1900's...way cool) the old cemetery and everything else that we would notice as kids (mass bullrush ditches, frog ponds, playgrounds, olden days rock walls...) all along the way...it was fun times. It was great...even for being a kid. It seemed like a very longtime that we were away from home...probably 5-6 hours. But it was cool. I have fond memories. I had an amazingly great childhood. At times, I envy those times. The days when life was pretty darn easy. Mom and dad took care of everything for all of us. I mean...there always seemed like there was a ton of things to enjoy yet always something to complain about...oh kids! I miss those easygoing, carefree, stress free and over the top exciting days. Yet...they still live in me. I am excited and happy over the simplest things...walks on the beach...bonfires...fun friends hanging out...blue sky with puffy white clouds...life is pretty good. It is if you want it to be. ;o)


Anyhow...cheers to all of the amazing daddy's out there...and mommy's too! Y'all rock. Take care of your wee ones. Have fun and be silly. You are lucky to have little ones to teach and show life's beauty to. It is a blessing. Have fun with it! ;o)


Peace.
This pic is from sooooo long ago. November 2009 to be exact. But it was the last time both my mom and dad were here. Good times. They come back for Thanksgiving this year. It i going to be so much fun! Yeeeeeeee hah!!! ;o) Can't wait. Love to all of the dad's AND mom's in the world. You guys rock! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment