Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sweetness of Summer

Happy First FULL day of Summer!! Wheeee! Let the fun begin, I say. Yesterday was quite a beautiful day for Solstice...it could have been sunnier, I suppose. But during our morning walk it felt hot enough for me to jump in...no suit on me...and too many houses looking at that beach! lol I feel like there was even a different smell yesterday...spring is over and the new season has come in...and I am happy about it. Even just knowing that it is now actually summer...rain or shine...I feel fine! My favourite season is upon us...and it is beautiful outdoors. Pretty colours everywhere I look from all of the flowers...low, low tides to find special beach treasures (glass and china!)...sunny and perhaps overcast days but the air is warm. Hallelujah! I am so happy.


What makes me feel even more joy...the baby birdies that hatched yesterday. I went to see if there was any change to the eggs that I had been watching...there were two little skin sacks and an egg in there. Today, I found three little sacks when I went to check on them. Ohhhhhhh! Soooo cute! So amazing! I caught them on video...momma is never really impressed when I check on her nest...but she lets me get away with it. (I mean no harm..she knows it!) It just blows my mind to know that these alien like furry skin sacks will turn into a sweet little Black-Eyed Junco...cute birds with a beautiful song in their throats. Have I ever mentioned to be a fan of nature's beauties? ;o)
Wonderful time of year...time to be outdoors as much as humanly possible, I say. ;o) So...that is what I am trying to do as much as possible...get on out there and enjoy it! I only wish for more HEAT! ;o)
Wednesday Jun 13 12:12 pm
Hanging out on the deck...watering my flowers and herbs and little garden foodies! I love gardening...even if it is only on my deck in containers. Nothing like the beautiful colours, fragrances, edibles and watching life grow. I really enjoy growing things right from seed. Even if you just have apartment windows...you can still enjoy pots of annuals and herbs. All you need is sunshine and time to water and love. ;o) (Grow a little love wherever you can.)




Thursday June 14 12:12 pm
Baaa ha ha ha ha ha hahaaaaa!!!!! I LOVE this photo!!
Clint has been working on an art piece for the Annual Object Show at Artworks next week. He is collaborating with the fantastic Lindsay Godfrey (jeweler extraordinaire) The object this year is a mirror. This is a tiny portion of this crazy piece that Clint is building and painting...i can't wait to see the finished product...too cool!!




Friday June 15 12:12 pm
Where else but the beach would I want to be at any time of the day that is sunny. The water is getting warm and I keep having the urge to jump on in. Clint did on this day...it was cold...he screamed! ha ha ha! I stayed on the rocks. (I wonder why the sky doesn't ever seem to be as blue as it can be during the warmer months...I mean it is always the same sky out there...what changes??)




Saturday June 16 12:12 pm
Oh, sweet Maggie May...what'cha doing cutie pie? "Oh...you know, just panting and walking and enjoying each day that I wake up!" Says the dear sweet old lady dog. hee hee. I love her so much. Having Larry around has given her such a kick start to her days. She jumps around and plays with him on the beach. Fast friends. Buddies! (we were walking along Orlebar this day...I always forget what a beautiful beach it is there. And that bench is absolutely perfect for sunsets!)
Sunday June 17 12:12 pm
Tee hee...I love this picture. (the mirror is on the kitchen table still from Clint working on the "object" piece...so why not utilize it in my time photo op.) And yum! Clint just made a batch of chicken soup...he makes the best soups. (I make a pretty mean soup too!) We were just sitting at the table enjoying the delicious hot meal and it was 12:12...photo time!! Make sure you always cool your soup down before putting it in your mouth! lol When something is too hot...Clint likes to call it "Gates of hell hot"! I think that is pretty darn funny!
Monday June 18 12:12 pm
He looks concerned, doesn't he? Well...he is waiting for me to throw his ball...the ball that went away with tide two days earlier at Orlebar. Larry just wouldn't go in deep enough to retrieve it. i went in to above my knees, getting my pants wet, but still could not reach it. We watched it slowly get taken out to sea. (I guess some other lucky dog will have that ball now.) Here we are at Taylor Bay for the first time with Larry. We took him to go check out the Galleries. I don't even think he cared that much...he just wanted to play. ;o) Larry and Maggie both don't care too much about the spectacular views at the beaches that we take them to. Dogs...well, they just want to be with their "pack leaders" and get some exercise and have a fun time! Oh, a dog's life!
Tuesday June 19 12:12 pm
Antony...a wonderful and tangible piece of history! ;o) This is Antony Holland. He is an amazing talented actor, director, writer and just plain awesome dude! There is so much that we can learn from our oldest generation...he is 92 years old. (I love listening to all that he has to say...a lot of wisdom behind those kind eyes and sarcastic lips! hee hee.) He has recently written a great show about his time in WWII...he spent 1940-1943 in Egypt and Libya with the British army. The stories, poems and songs that he shares with his audience bring a fresh perspective to those times. Soon, there will be no one to talk first hand of those days. We must cherish the words that are spoken for it will only be text in a short while. I have a lot of respect for anyone who went through WWII. (and of course the recent wars too.) I suggest you see Antony's show (or book him at your theatre)..."One Man In His Time". I left with tears of sorrow, joy, wonder and a good feeling knowing that I can take home some memories from a time I don't know much about. Love you Antony!
Wednesday June 20 12:12 pm
Summer Solstice...yeah baby!!
My favourite day of the year. Not only is it the beginning of my favourite season, it is the longest day of the year! I was woken by the light of the sunshine at 5:30 am! How glorious is that? Wicked awesome! We took the pooches down to our fave beach spot...Tinson Point. The water was warm...the sun was bright...the air was delicious...what a perfect start to a wonderful season. It's only 12:12 at this point and we have done a whole lot of fun already. The rest of the day was a blast too. Ending it with three amazing friends sitting on their deck at False Narrows and eating lots of yummy food! (freshly caught sock-eye salmon...mmmmmmmmm!) Thanks Wendy and Mark! And Kathy too...our car pooling buddy extraordinaire...love you guys muchos grande!! Summer is always better when you have good friends to spend time with! Cheers to lovely people! <3
Thursday June 21 12:12 pm
"C'mon you guys...are we going to the beach or whaaaaat??" They say this only with body language...neither of them make a peep...or a bark i should say. These two are the quietest dogs I have ever known. We have heard Larry bark on two separate occasions now. Both times were at a clam that spat at him...and he dug and dug to try and get him out of the sand. His bark is low...like as if he is some big bad dog. It is so cute. First time i heard it, my eyes scanned the entire beach looking for the dog coming over to us.No other dog...just Larry and Maggie. tee hee. I love these guys a whole heck of a lot. Our lives are fuller having them in it.




Time to stop typing and do some more relaxing. i am just so stoked about the summer and the fabulous things that we will all get to do during the months of fun dans le sun! Yipppeee. Bring on the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment