Wednesday, December 29, 2010

L&PL

No...it's not what you're thinking...it is NOT the name of a railroad company...ha ha! It stands for Lazy & Procrastinating Lady...meaning me! :op I sometimes feel like I am one of the laziest people around. Perhaps in the whole universe of lazy people...I may just be nominated as the queen. Or at least this is a perspective that I take at times. I really am not lazy. I keep a clean home...I go walking...I garden when I have the strength, or not...I try and do as much as I possibly can. The thing is, I want to do so much more. I just can not. Boo. But, that is okay. We can't always get what we want, right Mick?? And that doesn't have to make me feel bad about myself and feel that I am a lazy and pathetic fool that gets nothing done...ever! I am not pathetic nor lazy. I just take my time and get things done as they should be. And that is good enough. Why do we put ourselves down so much? We all do it...why?? If I just had more self confidence...I could RULE THE WORLD...errrr...I mean my world. :o) Feeling good about who you are and what you do and all that jazz is an incredible thing...not shallow. Self confidence is a pure and wonderful virtue. Feeling good about ourselves will do nothing but make us happier and those around us also feel happy and hopefully then see what is so amazing about themselves too. I know it's been said a million times before by a million or more people. But it's something that I think we all need to also figure out and understand ourselves. Just like being 22 and thinking you know everything about life and think you are so mature and beyond most others because..."oh my gosh, I have like totally been out of high school for 4 years. I am soooooo mature. Full on adult...legal in EVERY country!" I felt that way back then. Now...looking back I can see what a fool I was...not a fool, I just didn't know any better because I hadn't lived long enough. I am still learning. One day I will look back at being 36 and think..."oh man...what a silly girl I was back in 2010. So immature...I have learned so much in the last 20 years. Thanks God for the aging process." At least that is a sentiment I do share with my older self. I do enjoy getting older...and wiser. ;o)

L&PL...I was feeling lazy because I started this blog so that I would continue keeping a journal. I feel a journal is such a soul enriching "hobby". It's good to get stuff out of our heads sometimes. Even if it is just meaningless chatter...it's still good. I stopped writing in my journal about 8 years ago. Writing gives my fingers/wrist and elbow incredible pain. Nice eh? Another thing I love to do and can not...dammit! Anyhow...typing is not good for me wither but it doesn't take as long. And backspacing is a lot quicker than erasing or white outing and waiting for the "paint" to dry. I used to be able to type 40 wpm...yes, I did. Had to take a test and everything once. Pretty good for a one armed girl! ;o) Don't know if I type that fast anymore...I take it easy. But I will always relish in the knowledge that I did type 40 wpm at one point in my life. That is equivalent to someone typing 80 wpm...which is supahfast speed. So...I am proud of me for what I used to be able to type. Hee hee. See, I am trying to be more self confident...even in the things that may not be anymore. :o)

Time for bed...got a nice fire roaring and the house is warm. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment