Monday, May 16, 2011

C'mon already!!!

Is it too much for me to wake up hopefully that the sunshine will be out that morning...or that it at least will be warm because it is friggin' May. May 16th to be exact. Or maybe I should just suck it up and know that it will come to pass...it WILL warm up because summer is a coming. I am spending far too many hours in my day reminiscing about summer 2009. I jumped in the ocean at Drumbeg (coldest beach) on May 25th because it had already been supah hot for over a week. My garden that summer was producing in June!! Every day I was down at the beach swimming and soaking up the heat and sun. (wearing 30 spf and light/long sleeved tops and hats...wide brimmed hats!) That was definitely the nicest summer I have enjoyed since living on the "Wet Coast". It totally reminded me of the perfect Manitoba summer. Those days that the sun is scorching and beer CAN be guzzled like water. (I am not a beer guzzler...I sip my beer...but not summer '09) Those evenings when the sun is down but the heat lingers so you don't have to pull out your winter sweater to hang out at the beach looking at the stars in the sky and the phosphorescents in the ocean. Ohhhh...how I miss that summer. Maybe if everyone kept thinking hard about that summer...the sun, the fun, the heat, the love...can it be manifested back???

I believe it can. I have been dreaming about it this morning and afternoon...now I look out the window and what do I see?? The sun!!! (with dark black clouds in the horizon...blow away!!!!)

I suppose, in the grand scheme of things, life is still pretty darn good. Our country is free, (although living under the leadership of...well, I don't think I can say leader but some dude that wears bad make-up and has those beedy I am coming to git ya kind of eyes) we have the right to have our own opinions and express them, our country is beautiful from coast to coast and I feel there really ain't too much to complain about. Sure we could all use more $$ to pay the bills and have some fun...but it's all good anyways. Daydreaming is okay but it shouldn't dictate our lives...or the "wants" in our lives. Just got to live in the moment. Enjoy what is in front of you, regardless. It will make the sun shine inside...where it matters most. Remember the song?..BamBam and Pebbles sang it... "So let the sun shine in face it with a grin. Smilers never lose and frowners never win. So let the sun shine in face it with a grin Open up your heart and let the sun shine in." Sounds good to me!


I found these beautiful sunshiney photos on the internet...oh technology! ha ha!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment