Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Politics...am not a fan...

I am thankful that I have the right to vote, even though it is a "duty" to vote in my Country...I won't rebel against it. I vote. So, therefore I feel it is also my right to discuss an election that has just taken place. Normally I do not talk politics because I can't stand them. I can't stand how people get so riled up and red faced and talk in super loud, domineering voices to try and "out speak" someone else and their views and opinions. It is always a fight unless you are on the same team...not often are there peaceful political talks/debates. And the politicians are the wost of it. Watching a political debate sends shivers (of the creepy/bad kind) up AND down my spine. You can watch the fiery spit spew out of the mouths of some of these men and women. It's gross to me. I hate it. I do believe that there IS a way to have a peaceful government and Country. We have done fairly good in the past...it's just been awhile.

Yesterday was the big one...well one of a few of the last few years or so...too many! argh! I actually had super high hopes that the Country would vote for change. My heart felt like our country is full of smart people...and we are...some are just mis-guided. And I don't say that in a nasty way like my views are right. It is just that our Country has been in a tumultuous way for a while...to say the least...and I thought that we just needed a great big shift and rebirth to allow a wonderful change to occur. Like, if Canada was actually run by the NDP, would it be a good thing? I feel it would. We have never given a chance to the NDP to run the government. But they have shown they are a mighty force and they are intelligent and caring and compassionate and grounded and environmentally aware...they COULD do some good for Canada. (on a side note...Jack Layton is super duper handsome...I have to say it...I would pay more attention to what is happening in our government if he was the Man in the House!) ;o) I am not a fool and think that any one political party is 100% better than all of the rest. But...I do know that there is more about the NDP that I like than any other party...and I am looking forward to them working far more closely to the helm of Canada's Government. I feel that the NDP can work for everyone in this big and beautiful Country. I am incredibly proud to call myself Canadian...I am a first generation in my family...and that too makes me proud. Canada is just awesome. I like living here and think that I will always live here, even though Europe sometimes looks extremely appealing...I am Canadian. Stephen Harper is Canadian too, but I feel he wants so badly to be American that he forgets about what it means to be Canadian. Some people feel the American government works better than ours...that is their opinion and that's okay. But I hope that those same people can also see how their government has brought their Country into massive economic turmoil. Having a domino effect and us as Canadians feeling it too.I feel like we all can agree on that in one way or another. So...anyways...Jack Layton...he too is Canadian. And I believe he is a Canadian like me. A person who is proud to live in a Country that is democratic and free and peaceful and helpful and part of the world so let's all work together kind of a person. His speech last night was so enlightening and he had such presence. He spoke with joy yet strength of determination to make Canada a better place to live. This is just the beginning of something great to happen. There is always mud to wade through before getting to the paradise on the other side. And I think a man like Layton could lead our Country in a way that would be so amazingly refreshing that it reminds us what it truly is to be Canadian. Like when you walk down the street wherever you live in this Country you ALWAYS smile at your neighbour and countryman/woman...you are sisters and brothers of our beautiful home we call Canada.

Quoting one of my fave PM's ever...
"Vive le Canada"!!!!  ~Jean Chretien

(Look at him...what a fun guy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment