Friday, May 20, 2011

Who needs two arms anyways?

Honestly. Sure...having a second arm can come in mighty helpful at times. But really, you don't need two...you just think you do because you have them both. I always find it amusing when the fact of me having only one arm really stumps some people. Ha ha...I said stump! (my "no arm" isn't even a stump...but it's a term given to way cool people like me...stumpy!) ;op People either look flabbergasted or shocked or even just amused in some way. It's kind of funny if you let it be...I could go the opposite and think that people see me as an invalid. In the past, this is a feeling I had during these types of interactions with people. I felt belittled by them asking me questions that you would find yourself asking a two year old or someone with a severe physical impairment. As in severe...I am talking of someone with worst case spinabyphida or cerebral palsy...where all of your motor actions do not want to function properly. But, I feel like it would be degrading for that person to even be asked these questions also. It's just rude I guess is what I am saying. Have a little respect for your fellow human being...that is just the way it should be. Love thy neighbour man. Anyways...asking me how I drive or dress myself or whatever the elementary skepticism is of me...keep it to yourself. I mean, come on. I am a full grown independent woman who has gone through battles and survived each and every one. Now you are going to ask me how I put my jeans on in the morning...seriously??? It just reminds me of how ignorant people everywhere can be. There is nothing wrong with me having one arm. That is just the way I am...the way I was MEANT to be. I came into the world exactly as I am today...and I am happy that I did. I am so blessed to have family, friends and a loving husband that are always there for me. It's not been an easy road for anyone who is at my side. But, it HAS been easy at the same time. I am truly a very happy person. I have always been. I just went through times of doubting myself and who I am and what I stand for. I lost my way a few times and kept myself in a thick forest of black. I am the colour black...but now I am also every other colour too. I love the fact that I have one arm...that is why I smile a lot I guess. I am proud of being me...a unique woman. I am not perfect, but who is? I am perfect to me...for me. And I honestly wouldn't want to change a thing. I don't want a right arm...I don't care that I am getting wrinkles...I don't care that I got my first "silver" hair (I like it actually)...I don't care that I weigh more than I ever have in my whole entire life but it's okay because I am healthy...I don't want nor do I need anything to change about me. The person I see in the mirror looks just fine. I will always work on who I am on the inside...that is something that no one should ever stop doing. We can always be a better human. :o)
Happy May Long Weekend!!! I think Maggie and I are going to walk to the beach right now...start off the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. are you kidding me? you, ms pam, are one of the most beautiful people i know. inside and out.

    can't wait to give you a big hug. and a smooch.

    xxoo margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Margy! Can't wait to see you! xox

    ReplyDelete