Thursday, February 23, 2012

ahhhhh...and day four.

Ahhhhhhh...I can barely even type the letters to this post to even do what I need to do. Well, at least what I feel I need to do. I decided that one of my challenges this year would be to do this daily diary at 12:12 each and every day. Then get to my computer as soon as possible to post what it was that I was up to during that specific minute of the day. I suppose that if I forgot to do this task...taking a photo diary of the specified time of day, I could then wait til 12:12 am and call it the same. But, technically, the 12:12 am which happens after the 12:12 pm is in fact the next day. So therefore...I would have missed my time for the proper photo op...for it to be consistent, at least. And I feel the need to be consistent and precise. The thing is...I don't wear a watch...ever. I don't really pay attention to what time it is...unless, of course I see a clock. But time doesn't make a difference to me. I like it that way. 

I did in fact, find a watch in my jewelery box...a watch I knew I had, but had almost forgotten about. It was my Opa's watch. It's an old Timex that he wore every day. I didn't even think it would work. I haven't worn it since maybe about a year or two after his death...he died on October 24, 1996. Man, that is quite a while back now... (I loved him so...I miss him immensely) memories are just flooding into my memory right now. It's amazing how much the mind can hold onto...I can think back all the way to childhood when Oma and Opa lived across the road from us in St. Vital. They moved to North Kildonan (this is all in Winnipeg, MB) in 1978 if I remember correctly. Yet, I remember them living there like it was yesterday...sigh. Anyways, I put the elastic linked watch on my wrist and looked down at the face of the watch and voila...it started ticking! I wound it up and set the correct time. Now, I have a watch...a great watch. My Opa lives on forever...on my wrist! ;o)

I have to stop typing...its killing me...seriously. Too much doing of things lately, packing, cleaning, unpacking and sleepless nights...I am exhausted in any way my body and mind could be. Blech! But I got to "Keep on Keeping on!" And I will. We took Maggie out for a nice walk today, as a break from the "Pack" before bringing some more boxes to the new place. Sandwell is awesome beach walk when tide is low...it's a long sandy beach and Maggie loves to run up and down. It's soft on her old lady paws. (Got to get out to Long Beach, Tofino and let her have some real fun! She LOVES it!) We walked down the stairs to the beach, all the way up the beach and then back up the steep hill to the parking lot. It's a good hike...my legs feel it...I bet Maggie's do too. ;o)

C'mon guys...we're almost to the top!
In a perfect shot...Clint's head would not be cut off. But I like Maggie's "I am so pooped" face. It's what mine looked like too! hee hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment