Monday, February 20, 2012

Project 12:12 ~ Day One

I have been excited for a couple years now...excited for the year 2012...excited for the last month of 2012. To be quite specific...I have been über, over-the-top and outta my head ecstatically anxious for December 12, 2012. Why, you ask? Maybe I'll sound like a broken record to repeat it...but it will be the second time in my life to have a champagne birthday!! The first, was when I turned 12, on the 12th day of the 12th month. I remember the day quite vividly. Blizzard during the night of the 11th, total white out conditions for that night and the next morning...making my birthday slumber a near bust. But, to my absolute shock and amazement, my girlfriend Tara showed up. She came through...and her dad came through on getting her there through the crazy snow covered streets of Winnipeg. They had moved a year prior from Yellowknife, NWT...a wee little prairie blizzard wouldn't stop them. ;o) We built an igloo in my backyard that afternoon! hee hee hee.

Anyhow, last night as I was trying to fall asleep after being emotionally, intellectually and musically stimulated at the Gabriola Poetry Festival. (What an amazing weekend it was...so many talented poets out there. And we were blessed with a mere fraction of them...but oh, soooo good!) My mind was awake, flippity, floppiting with many random and some creative thoughts. One of my thoughts centered...well, orbited around me, and my upcoming big day. Coming in 295 days...to be exact. I thought of a fun project/challenge to try. Today seemed like a good day to start as there are a lot of two's in today's date. 02/20/2012...295 days away from 12/12/2012. Those numbers make me feel bubbly! Get to the point...all right. My project may not be original or even as witty as perhaps I would like it to be. But it still seems incredibly special and unique to me...we are all unique in our own ways, even creativity of our own has been inspired in our mind from a source outside of ourselves...so I am just going to go for it. And I am going to work VERY hard to make sure I stick to it...a photo a day. Yes...I know it as been done countless times before me. I am not the originator of the photo a day self portrait. What is a wee bit different with my project is that I will be taking my photo, each day, exactly at 12:12. (when Clint and I see that time...which we do on a nearly daily basis...we always say..."it's my birthday!") And this year it for real, real is...but with an extra 12 added to the end for that extra flavour flave. So, no matter where I be at 12:12 each day, I am going to take a snapshot of myself...whilst doing it, I will be taking in that moment, soaking it in my memory each and everyday and reflect on my life in a positive way.

Here I am today...at 12:12. We brought some more boxes to the new house and I unpacked more stuff. (oooooh, I am getting really stoked to move in next week!) Anyhow, I was just going out to the car to try and get Maggie to get out of the back seat and hang out inside our new home for a bit...it was 12:12...photo op!!!
Peace! xox

1 comment:

  1. WOW i'm a 12-12-12 also,you seem as deep as i am about the numbers and perhaps what they mean?,so what are you all about? you sound interesting as well GL let me know what your thinking ok

    ReplyDelete