Friday, March 9, 2012

not much to say...today...

I'm done...done with trying to figure out something interesting, witty or surprising to write. I sat here for about 10 minutes with a most blank expression on my face...the expression of my brain was much the same...an abyss of emptiness. I often can talk a person's ear off. With as much information as Cliff Claven could pack into a 30 minute sitcom...Cheers. You know..."where everybody knows your name". The things that come out of my mouth will sometimes have absolutely no relevance at all to the moment in which that it is all being blurted out. Sometimes...I hate silence and just spew whatever words in the English, sometimes French language that are sitting silently on the tip of my tongue...waiting for the moment to impress. I am never that impressive. I may hold a lot of information in this noggin of mine...it just ain't all that interesting to most people. Oh...I just remembered something interesting. AS I was getting dropped off at the Coates dock in the False Narrows, we passed an Eagle munching on something while sitting atop the log boom. I thought at first glance that it was a half of a salmon. It was not. It was a Seagull!!!! What????? I had no idea Eagles were cannibals. When they are hungry...they will eat anything. I sure hope that Wensday (my 15 pound kitty) is too fat for them to even consider clutching her rotund body up into the air. They fly around the new place daily. Maybe they think that Wensday would be too grisly! (I don't know if I spelled that correctly...I am talking of grisle...fat...the stuff no one wants to eat off their steak. except for Cheri Rohloff.) ha ha ha!

12:12 today I was on my way to hitch a ride to Mudge Island and help out the fabulously talented jeweler, Lindsay Stocking Godfrey, start up her blog page. I tell you...this is a blog worth checking out. She is AMAZING!!! I must admit to owning...ummm...about a dozen stellar pieces of her Sterling Silver jewelery. Oh my...spoiled we are here on Gabriola to be amongst such great and amazingly talented artists!
 
I know...I shouldn't be taking a photo while driving...who's holding the wheel??? My knee...it's quite talented! ha ha ha ha haha!!!

1 comment:

  1. pam...you will want to watch wensday...cause cats have been attacked by eagles....they often realize that they can't quite carry it away, but in the meantime can do some damage....so i have been told....ask around about it....of course they will be greater eagle activity now than usual with mating and herring runs...you won't always have as many eagles around....xo

    ReplyDelete