Monday, March 26, 2012

Patience...

The word brings me back to childhood...to a song that I learned, way back in the day at Lake Nutimik Baptist Camp during the summer. (I spent a week there, each July, from the age of 8 to 14) Every year we would learn songs and perhaps a drama to perform for the adults when they picked us up at the end of the week. It was all so very exciting! ;o) Anyhow, one year we learned the musical "Music Machine". Do ya know it? It's a good one...if you enjoy love and forgiveness and patience and learning about how amazing we all really are. After doing that musical at camp my mom went out and bought us the record WITH the book to go with it so that we could follow along. I totally remember sitting on the grey shag carpet of the living room floor in a warming sun beam and listening to the record, singing along to the songs and feeling very happy and positive about life. (ah childhood...the innocence of not knowing about the harsh realities that life will throw us. But the time of our life that can give us the strength and know how of dealing with those problems.) The thing I like about those kind of memories is the happy feelings they still bring out in me. And I feel incredibly fortunate that I was brought up in a christian home that was full of unconditional love, acceptance and forgiveness...for I was a rebellious teen. ;op

Most of the songs from that album are gone from my memory. I could not sing them if my life depended on it. Except for two of them...the Theme Song "Music Machine" and the song about Herbert the Snail. "Have Patience". THAT song I remember nearly word for word...though it's always the chorus that I find myself singing when the virtue is desperately needed. It goes like this..."Have patience, Have patience. Don't be in such a hurry. When you get impatient you only start to worry. Remember, remember that God is patient too...so think of all the times when others had to wait for you." Hee hee hee. I sing it to Clint...I think it may make him a little impatient at times! ha ha ha! But the words do ring true to me. When you have patience with a situation or a person, or a group of persons...perhaps even waiting for the kettle to boil...it makes life less stressful. I think as a human race we would all live much longer if patience were our key virtues. No more red faced angry people running around the streets hollering at people to get out of their way or "hurry the hell up!" Traffic would be easier to handle if we didn't care that we were stopped in the middle of the Second Narrows bridge because there was a hurried courier van that got smoked by a hurried BMW on his way to work after leaving later than he/she should have. It's so easy to get bent out of shape...heart beat racing and curses coming out of your mouth because things are moving too slow. Maybe, take that moment to look outside of your car window...see the life around you. Even if you are in the middle of downtown...there are cherry trees in the boulevards...tulips planted in cement planters...people walking down the sidewalk that are ALWAYS interesting to look at! ;o) I have been that red faced, cursing impatient driver...or in line at Costco feeling angry about the looooong line-up...the long line-up that takes me to the cashier that saves me a ton of $ on food. Yes! How can I stand and complain about that? I shouldn't...and I don't...anymore. Instead I make conversation with the people around me.It is far more entertaining...even more so when the others in line are red faced and are now losing patience with me and my loud mouth! lol I'm just trying to be friendly and pass the time with laughter.

Anyways...right now I am needing to have some patience with the weather outside. I need to not feel so needy for the sun and heat of the summer. I need not complain about the rain that came this morning after having two glorious days of sunshine in a row. I mean, it's spring for Pete's sake. It's not even April, and the weather, it really hasn't been too bad all winter long even. (save for the wind storms and power failures and such..t'is island life...got to love it!) The rain puts water in cisterns and drink for the trees, flowers and grass that are looking to wake up again from a long winter's nap. How can I rush that? Why would I want to? Summer and heat and swimming in the phosphorescence will soon be the present, and I will enjoy it immensely. I should enjoy this season too...for it also is mighty gorgeous outside. Thick sweaters and woolly boots look good! So cheers to the rain drops which feed life to all living things outside AND in. :o) I can wait for you sunshine...for you light up my life and I must have patience for one that does that for me. :o)

The sun shining through the window the other day, through the piece I commissioned Tammy Hudgeon to make for my sweet husband. (his family has worked for Pepsi/7UP since the 50's.) His fave ad for 7UP was the rainbow and sunshine, uber colourful ad made my Peter Max. This is Tammy's interpretation of it. Too cool.

 Friday March 23 12:12 pm
walking around the block with Maggie while "Alberto" (our car) gets a new air filter put in. Thanks Richard!
(I can not rotate my pics...they are proper in my computer and when I put them into Blogspot...they come out sideways!!! argh!!!! this NEVER happened on my old computer...wah!)
 Saturday March 24 12:12 pm
Dans le parking lot de Folklife Village avec mon ami Sonia and Clint. What a beautiful day that was. Sun shining upon us all. Beauty!
 Sunday March 25 12:12 pm
Inside Gabriola Artworks...look at the pretty colours and pretty new stuff for the home! SCHPRING! ;o)
Summer...I patiently await your arrival. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment