Friday, March 2, 2012

Communication breakdown...

I used to love shouting to my mom from the garage door that I was going to ride my bike over to Sandra or Cathy's place...just to see if they were home and wanted to hang out for a bit. I knew all of my friend's numbers by heart...but I would usually just hop on my bike to go see if they were home. The longest bike ride I would usually take to see a friend took me about 10 minutes...that was going all the way up to St. Mary's Rd at Bishop Grandin Blvd and then a few more blocks. There were times too when I would just go for a long (30 minute) lonesome ride...me, on my hand me down blue BMX, riding it all around St. Vital. It was total freedom. I loved the way the wind would finger through my hair...and if I got a real good speed going, my shirt would puff up like a parachute and the breeze tickled my tummy. (sometimes it would almost take my shirt off if I wasn't wearing my artificial arm...pervy wind! lol) I was dreaming of re-creating those days this past week during the fiasco which was our "move". The dreaming would halt amidst the hours where I was endlessly moving things to the new place (with the amazing help of our friends Kathy and Joelle, with Clint leading the lifting way...) and trying to unpack so as to make more room for the things constantly being brought in while trying to maintain overall sanity. Sanity and stress induced anxiety do not really work well together...it's not that they don't work well together, it's that they absolutely can not co-exist. Therefore, my level of sanity was at nil and stayed that way for about 5 days. It wasn't all just the actual moving of things over to the new home that made me nearly go nuts...it was the fact that suddenly my world of communication had been shut down. Hence, the dreaming of biking...freedom.

We made our final move on the 27th...that was the BIG move day where these two wonderful women named Joelle and Kathy came to my rescue and helped Clint move the remaining furniture and plethora of boxes left to haul up the street. I am not a huge help during moving times. I don't have the strength for lifting boxes anymore...I feel like I should at least carry a few boxes before my arm gives up and stops working for a week...but I choose to stick to the less physically labourious jobs. I direct, unpack and make sure beer is purchased. ;o) Being that I had phoned Shaw to let them know that we were moving on February 27th and arranging for someone to come to the new place to transfer my services, they cut off service to the old place the morning of our move. But, the new place was not working for Shaw. We had nothing...no phone, no Internet, no cable. Cable I can do without...even Internet I can live my day not needing to go on...but the phone? I could not handle that. It's not like I am on the phone constantly or anything...but when that last line of distant communication is gone, you can REALLY feel it. It's more than likely a direct influence of having everything that we could ever possibly need to know or have, right at our fingertips...Internet can give you ANYTHING your mind desires. Kind of scary! ;op

Anyhow...a big part of me enjoyed the silence of outer communication. Being inside or around the house there was only Clint, Wensday and Maggie to talk to. No ringing up a friend to chat...no checking Facebook to see what is a happening with all my peeps out in the world...no frying my brain watching pvr'd reality shows on cable. Just us...in our new home. It was perfect. It lasted 4 days.

A little praise to Shaw must be in order here now though...they had two men come to the house on two separate days to do the hook up. First dude came and spent 5 hours trying to figure out why we weren't getting a signal...also telling me that he could not put the outlet where I needed it to be but could splice the TV cable to hook the Internet up in the closet in spare room...unless I got a wireless computer. Whaaaaa? I was freaking out, thinking dreading that I would have to go back to Telus (worst ever!!) for all of my service...boo! But dude in blue van came out yesterday, solved all the "line" problems and hooked me up where I wanted...he spent 4 hours doing it all. Best part of it all...I am back to regular communication...virtually regular communication. I do not have to get on my bike and ride up up up hill to see any of my friends. I did take a car ride to visit Mariko and Kate a la Feedlot Studios to see what those wacky and talented women were creating. Surprise visits are fun! I think I will continue to do them...summer is coming! (that is exciting to me because summer is warm and you can lure your surprised friends to the beach...I can not wait for summer!)

Throughout my week of absolute chaos, I managed to do my 12:12 photo op...except the BIG move day...I remembered at 5:30 pm. I took the photo at 5:30 while I plopped down on my "upper" deck chair and put my feet up and take a break from all of the hard work that I just accomplished...phew...it's been a long, long week. I am happy for the weekend!

 12:12 Sunday February 26. I was walking around Artworks to see if there was an item that would look nice in my new home. I was reminded that new spring shipments are all on their way and I for sure will find something special for in our outside our new place...oooooh decorating fun! At this point I was also hoping that Clint was with someone and their truck bringing our bedroom furniture to the new place so that we could sleep there one night earlier than originally planned...it worked out that way. Man...I love the new place. ;o)
 12:12 5:30 pm Monday February 27.
Here is me at the end of my rope...errr, day. I feel that I did all that could do...but I also felt like a wee little wimpy girl not helping out the team as everyone is hustling around me with boxes and legs attached to big heavy pieces of furniture. I love my friends!! Oh, and I super duper love Clint and his amazing brute strength...he is my hero.
 12:12 Tuesday February 28.
The livingroom has been early tidied of it's junk and boxes and stuff that came out of the boxes that I had almost forgotten we owned because they had spent a year in storage. I am very overwhelmed at this point...trying to sort out things, waking up at the crack of dawn...Clint, in another world, now dealing with the stress of starting a mammoth sized mural while chaos rules the homestead. (On my computer you can see spider solitaire...trying to get my computer fix!)
 12:12 Wednesday February 29.
I was out looking down at the log booms and picking out the seals sunning themselves on the top floating logs. (did you know that the logs actually go down 4 or 5 thick...crazy!) I felt really chilly that day and was wearing my Churchill, MB made mukluks...reflective booties!
12:12 Thursday March 1.
This ended up being a very happy day as "Wayne" of Shaw, gave me back my right to communicate. ;o) It wasn't just Shaw that made me happy...it was that big yellow ball of fire in the sky that really brightened my day. We get some awesome rays for the most part of the day...really bright home. I cleaned a couple windows inside and out (yep...shoulder all wiggy because of it of course...) even did the blinds on this window. Sooo much nicer with clean and clear windows. I clearly like the reflection shots...here's another. hee hee. Big white clouds and blue blue sky!

And last but not least there was today... 12:12 Friday March 2.
This is one of my favourite places to be...across the lawn from this studio is another. But in this studio a whole lot of magic happens. Ceramics!!! And Bryan in his side of the studio off in his land of computer...where his creative juices flow via web/graphic design. Yeah, he's a bit of a genius with that shizzle. ;o) The "blue' side of the studio is la domain de la Mariko (back to camera on her Mac for my 10 second push and run shoot) and her works of ceramic masterpieces. I spent a few hours chatting it up with my lovely friend and creating a wee little spring time platter. :o) Check out Feedlot Studios to see the amazing and creative things these fine folks are up to.

Hmmmm...where will I be tomorrow at 12:12 I wonder. Maybe at Canadian Tire searching for stair carpets so that Maggie May will come visit us on the second floor of the house. She is scared of the floors here...kind of funny...kind of really sad. We got to make her want to be up there so she feels happier. It's all about making our little old lady comfortable and feeling overwhelmingly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment