Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ssssufferin' Succotash!

Sigh...oh life. What a ride it is..an amazing, scary, breathtaking, heart warming/breaking and just plain beautiful ride. I wouldn't trade it for anything else as freaky as it can be. All of the those things that frighten us and impress us are the things that make us who we are...who we turn out to be...who we keep growing into. As a youngster, I always looked forward to getting older...more for the sole fact that I could be my own boss...I think most kids think that way. I recall my mom and other adults around me always telling me to enjoy my childhood...enjoy the freedom of being young for when you are an adult...it all changes. Man...were they ever right! I say it all of the time too. I miss that life of carefree and no stress.

The last few months have been full of suffering...suffering from pain that I am unable to control. I feel as though I am losing my mind right now. Take for instance, the simple daily task of brushing my teeth...it puts stress on my shoulder and neck from the repetitive motion that using those sore and overused muscles, tendons and joints...I am just trying to maintain proper oral care. I know...it sounds absolutely ridonkulous...all part of my frustration. Lately, the weight of my arm puts too much stress n my shoulder and the only way I can feel less pain is to just lie down. Boooooooring! I can't stand having a day of doing absolutely nothing. I had one of those days last week...I just needed to have a break from life day, to try and help ease my pain. I literally woke up, went to the spare bedroom, flicked the TV on and watched pvr'd movies ("She's the Man" and "Kung-Fu Panda") and far too much TV all day long...into the night. Next day STILL sucked! I am finding it hard to hold my head up from the pain that my scalene muscle is in...my head feels too heavy for me to carry. Typing this damn blog is killing me...I just need to get the pain outta my head!!!!

Clint dragged my feeling sorry myself butt out of the house to go and check out the life on the ocean. It's the yearly herring run...this year they are on the east side of the island...out on Berry Point. We took Maggie with us and walked up the beach to watch the sea lions, sea gulls, eagles, sand pipers and other water birds feasting on the fresh and delicious little silver fish. It does make me feel better...feel better about life. Life is always renewed and stirs up something amazing for us to feast upon. Life goes back to normal and we have our heartaches and disappointments. But we also have more beautiful moments that take our breath away and give us that rejuvenation and bliss. Sometimes that bliss is always surrounding us, if we actually take the time to notice it.
Anyways...I took a video of the commotion down on the waters today. I wanted to share the spectacular show with these that are not here to see it. It is such a fantastic view. The trumpeting sounds of the sea lions bark just gets to me...I love it! The noises that all of the different birds make is just insane. Nature really is the best TV I have ever seen!

All right...back to the project. Probably because of my low mood and self sorrow...I am not feeling the fervour I started with for my Project 12:12. It seems more like a pain my neck to remember to take a picture of my "moment". It all seems so dull to me...as if it is worth anything at all. Well,it is my life and I should feel happy with it. As monotonous as it can seem...everyday is a wonderful gift. I am blessed to open my eyes each and every morning and see all of the life that looks back at me.

 Monday March 26 12:12 pm
Maggie and I were chilling at home. She loves to go in and out and in and out and in and out and...you get the picture. I hung out on the deck with her for a bit to enjoy the sun that was just coming out from behind the grey clouds. We love you sunshine!!
 Tuesday March 27 12:12 pm
2 1/2 hour bath day...I could have stayed in there for far longer. I was pruning up quicker than normal that day. But the warmth sure feels good...I could lie in the safety of the tub all day long. (it's safe cause I can't do anything that hurts me when I'm in the tub!)
 Wednesday March 28 12:12 pm
Enjoying cool art makes me feel happy. My friend Kate is a cool artist...she makes jewelery AND ceramics. She has recently combined the two and makes wearable ceramic jewelery art. Oh, she is talented!! ;o) Check it out on Etsy.
Today...Thursday March 29 12:12 pm
Pre sea life sightings...I am trying to do nothing today...argh! I watched "The Princess Bride" today. I LOVE that movie. I love love..and that movie has a whole bunch of it! I do believe that love can conquer all...love always wins. We just need to maintain that love any way we can. Always remember what made you fall in love in the first place. Go from there. ;o)

All right....more TV time. And smells like supper is ready. I love Clint...thanks for taking such good care of me honey! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment