Monday, October 25, 2010

Heroes...

These days we see a lot of yellow ribbons on people's cars..."Support Our Troops", bring them home. Why the heck did we send them in the first place is what I always say. Have we not learned yet that war is NOT the answer. We start wars over land, money, greed and retaliation. None of which are good enough excuses to send men and women to another country to kill, kill KILL! It's wrong...end of story. But that is not what is on my mind at the moment. The word "Heroes" is the title to this blog. And I am not even talking about the "heroes" that come back from war...I have a hard time calling them that. I do have a sort of respect for those that have gone to fight. I don't have the balls that it takes to blow our "enemies" up. I don't even have the balls to go over there to be in the middle of a deadly war to help out those that need it. There are many innocent people that are being killed daily because of the war. So sad. I don't want any soldiers to come home in a body bag. But I suppose when you sign up to join the army these are risks that you take. So consider them hero or not...they chose to do what they are doing. I am trying ti ruffle feathers saying this...it is MY opinion. And I just tend to ramble at times...at times not even making sense. But that is just me!

Anyhow....back to my original thought...

We are surrounded each and every day by heroes. They are in our family, they are our friends and people in our community, they are even celebrities and politicians. They fight the biggest battle that any of us could ever imagine. One of the greatest battles of human history. I am talking about our arch nemesis...CANCER. All of us have been affected by it's torment in one way or another. Fortunately, for us, we do have survivors...we know survivors and feel blessed that they were able to beat it. Win the fight against the biggest serial killer man has seen. And, unfortunately, we also can lose the fight even though we had given it our all...put all of our strength into the combat...used every "weapon" that medical science and homeopathic remedies can offer. Cancer still has the ability to fend off our earnest methods of battle. Plain and simple...cancer sucks! And all I can think is why do we NOT have a cure yet?? How can that possibly be? There are many reasons...some are human greed, some are just because cancer is striking every cell in our bodies at rapid rates. Ahhhh! I find it so aggravating...it seems we are at times helpless against it. But, all we can do is fight the good fight and take it day by day. We will win and we will lose. It's life...c'est la vie as they say, as much as it can tear us apart. We just have to be strong if we are in the fight personally, or if we are a cheerleader for the fighter in our own life. Love is all we have...so let's just keep giving it to everyone we know. Maybe love WILL conquer all. Happiness can beat out sickness. Perhaps our world should be full of more love to one another. Live for each moment. Don't worry about things that happened yesterday...that day is over. Today is new...make it worth it.

So...anyways...a hero to me is someone who fights a battle for life...to continue to be able to live, love and laugh among the rest of us. I dedicate this blog to those who have lost their battle...to those that have won theirs and to those that are still fighting. Never give up. You are loved and those around you need you as much as you need them.

Peace and love to everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment