Thursday, April 7, 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARTISTS!!!

I will be yelling those very words tonight between 6:00 and 8:00...tonight I am PomPom Pam! That's right...I am a cheerleader. ;o) I for real am...in the Spring/Summer seasons for the Softball Beer League on Gabriola. I am the only cheerleader! Well the only person who cheers and wears her teams colours while shaking my green and yellow pom poms and dancing around everyone like a complete fool. Well that is what I do for the 4:20's. Goooo 4:20's!!!! I can't play softball because of my shoulder and arm that does not like to do anything anymore...so I cheer instead. That way I get to be a part of the whole thing and still get to sit back and enjoy watching all of my friends have a great time playing. Best of both worlds for me! Plus I get to enjoy drinking a couple Four Twenty   beers to help me cheer on. ha ha ha!              (this is Clint and my butts at a game!) hee hee
 
Well...tonight at Silva Bay is a kick off to the "Isle of the Arts" inaugural festival. A weekend of Art Workshops from making masks and fairy wings to beginners acrylic painting to crocheting and even learning stuff about being on stage for performing. It's going to be a busy weekend with a glorious creative energy just beaming from the seams of the island. I am excited for the whole thing. First year it is happening...VERY special. ;o) So, anyways, the kick off event is happening tonight at Silva Bay and it is going to be like a Pep Rally. We'll have hot dogs and pizza slices, 50/50 draws, a "no-meat" draw, balloons with prizes, Chris Jans and Ken Gurr are going to be our valiant announcer a la Don Cherry and Ron McLean (that'll be wicked!)...I am the cheerleader, Kimm and Regina have some cheers for me to jump around to, and I will be cheering on each and every artist that walks in the door...prepare to be stunned! (literally)...it'll be a fun night and I am looking forward to it. I don't think I will fit into my regular skirt (you know...those extra 10 pound!) I wear for the 4:20's...so I got to put together an ensemble with muchos colours and just fun. My green and yellow pom poms will help with the rainbow effect I'm sure I will pull off. ;op I mean, what is a cheerleader without BRIGHT CHEER! ha ha ha!!!                                                                                                                                                                          
Give me an A! Give me an R! Give me a T! ART ART ART is rad...you can always join the fad...be creative have some fun...Art Art is number one!!! HEE HEE! ;o)                        

No comments:

Post a Comment