Monday, April 11, 2011

Spraxtime!

It is definitely spring...the sweet aroma that is in the air and the longer days are a sure sign that all is well in my universe...for spring means that summer cometh! ;o) But this time of year also brings stress and chaos and hunting for those damn papers!! Yep...tax time! I am not sure why it is so dreaded by so many. I think for the most part we as Canadians and probably other countries too get at least a bit o' $$$ back for doing their return. And if you end up needing to pay something you more than likely were aware of that fact prior to doing all the work too...right?? Yet we don't do them. Sometimes we don't do them for years in a row...only getting to them because of a phone call from a government tax agency...yikes! And these days it is truly such a simple task...you buy a cd put it in your computer...locate your T4's and other income documents plus receipts and medical expenses yadda yadda yadda and you just sit at your computer and input the numbers that are right there in front of your face. You don't need a pencil and eraser and calculator...you just need to be able to read, type and push the button on your mouse. The little cd that you spent $29-$70 on does all of the actual work for you. It even finds savings that you may not have thought of. It's quite amazing actually...technology!! Everyday there is still something of the technological sort that amazes me...we DO live in the Jetson's. I wish I had the body of Judy! baaaa ha ha haaha!! Joking. 

Anyways...my point to myself this morning would be that I am a MAJOR procrastinator! I do get a return every year...even if it's not much, I never owe. I should be right on it as soon as I have all of our forms and stuff. Soooo, like by the beginning of March I should be doing it. Being that it is also the time of year that we feel so desperate for the $$$$!! And yet I wait...procrastinate. I also use the fact that it means a ferry ride over to Nanaimo to get this aforementioned cd to do our taxes. Like that is any excuse...it really ain't that hard to walk onto a boat and then walk off and you are pretty much at the doors of London Drugs, where these cd's are sold. The other factor is, that today I decided it's the day...but the car is not here with me. I first have to walk to the ferry. Ahhhh! LAZY!! It would only take me about 40 mins or so...that ain't too bad. The walk back is killer though...HUGE hill. And I can not bring Maggie if I walk over. And I like to have Maggie with me always...and Maggie always likes to be with me too. Love/love relationship! ;o) See?? Excuses excuses excuses! ha ha ha ha!!!

You know...if it wasn't such a cliché or common thought by the entire world...the whole dreaded "Tax Time"...perhaps people wouldn't be so afraid to do them. It would just be something that we all do in the springtime because that way we get our taxes back and such. And no one would complain or have stress about it. We have made it scary. And therefore everyone stalls and procrastinates and pushes it aside to do other things. Like dudes...we get $$ from the government. It should be a great time of rejoicing! ha ha ha ha!!! Well, it's not. But we have to do it...I HAVE to do it. All right runners where are you??

No comments:

Post a Comment