Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ceramics Flog

I just got home from open ceramics night at Feedlot Studios...and my oh my what fun I had today! ;o) I didn't get into the clay...I worked on something new on Monday that is still drying before it's initial firing. But...I am so super stoked because my platter I made is finally finished. And it makes me feel so amazingly happy and excited.I can't wait til we have our first guests over since I brought it home, and serve some delicious cheese and crackers on it. I think my platter will make EVERYTHING taste divine!!


 It's Magic Mushroom Land!!! Magic because I imagine myself all little like a fairy and jumping around from mushroom to mushroom. I am not a huge fairy fan...I do like them though. But it is more the aspect of imagination...Alice in Wonderland sort of thing. Can I eat a mushroom and become tiny like a bug so that I can enjoy the world from a different view? (I have always had a fondness for ants...I could befriend them and they could "pump me up!"...you know, cuz they are way strong.) I would love it! But with my new platter I can dream...I can ALWAYS dream.


I love how the daisy wraps around the edge of the plate. Ceramics is so much fun. You can make whatever you want. I mean...it's for you anyways. Just open your mind and your imagination and allow the creativity to flow. So much fun. 



Thank you, thank you Mariko and Bryan for moving here...bringing the Feedlot Studios over here and injecting some passion back into our lives here on Paradise Island. You guys rock hard in my books!!!


Time to go to bed and dream about my new playground. I will imagine it without cheese and crackers on it...that would just get messy!


No comments:

Post a Comment