Monday, June 6, 2011

Sunny Sandy Sandwell

+24 degrees Celsius...now that is more like it! Today is absolutely beautiful outside. Even with the wind...the wind that is so windy every year for the first two weeks of June. This being our 4th summer on the island, I now have distinct seasonal memory. Or at least I think so...I feel like a seasoned Gabriolan weather veteran. "Oh yeah...it's the beginning of June...yep...the windy season." (in the Fargo accent of course) I am glad that the wind this time of year is warm...that is a wonderful thing. Anyways...the weather is finally starting to feel like it may just keep on keeping on with these sunny, warm days. Yay!

This weather is also perfect for me when I am feeling achy all over. When my muscles are overworked, the warm weather outside allows me to actually sit back, relax and indulge myself with rest. Even though I have a million and one things that I want to get done...just chill out for a day. I did far too much yesterday. Helping prune and cut back the maple trees in our backyard was not a wise idea. I just feel the need to help out with everything. Probably more likely that I need to help because I feel I know best! lol Well...today I need to rest. I did a wee bit of creative stuff this morning, but stopped so that I could actually recuperate. So, I suggested we take Maggie to Sandwell so that we all can have fun and relax and blow some stress...flee from the house of pain (Clint's back is buggered too...ugh.) and into the arms of Mother Nature. I will admit, that in the winter I do not like to go to Sandwell Beach. It is shady and windy and too cold. But spring and summer...oh baby. It's sunny and warm and best of all, for Maggie's sake, it's sandy! A couple years we took Maggie and Wensday to Tofino with us for a few days. When in Tofino you HAVE to go to Long Beach, of course. And when you are with a 17 year old dog who has feet troubles when walking on rocky beaches...you will be even happier that you went. We ran and ran and ran, in the pouring rain for two hours up and down Long Beach because Maggie was in heaven. :o) That is pretty much what Sandwell is like for her. Sandwell is just waaaaaaay shorter than Long Beach. But Maggie loves to run at Sandwell. We were all running and laughing and throwing our cares and pain into the wind! It was awesome. 

I am so glad summer is just around the corner. I am so ready for it!!


 
I found this pile of pebbles...amazing what the gentle ocean waves can form. Precision! ;op 
It felt so good to have my feet and toes in the sand again...when the sun is beating down. Maggie had to havea quiet lay down before the walk home. To see the cutest thing ever...watch the video below. Maggie running...like a teeter totter! Oh, I love you Maggie May!






No comments:

Post a Comment